Tips? Making shoecovers

Kleidung, Ambiente, Ausrüstung und alles was nicht in Rüstungen oder Waffen passt.
Forumsregeln
Wir suchen für den Werkstatt- und Tutorialbereich noch einen oder mehrere Leute, die sich des Forums annehmen und es mal in Schuß bringen und moderieren :)
Wenn Du dazu Lust hast, melde Dich bei mir.
Wir freuen uns über Unterstützung!
Das OL-Team
Antworten
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Gruppe: Clan Môr'Ashtu
Verbund/Verbünde: Ex-Okup Shakamb
Tips? Making shoecovers

Beitrag von MLind »

^-^ Hey folks, I am currently in the process of building my orc gear. And in that line of work I at one point have to get my shoes sorted as well. I couldn't find any threads on the forum, so I thought it's about time to make one.
There's a bunch of orcs on here from both Epic Empires, Drachenfest and a bunch more. In search of inspiration, tips and tricks I thought maybe you could bring out some golden tips, pictures and the likes in how to go about it? I'm getting some help from my clan, but that shouldn't leave out your chance to chip in with something you think might be easy - I know I'm not the only "new orc in the making" looking to build a full-fleshed and nice costume in order to get through the klamottencheck. So what say you, up for showing how it can be done? 8)

Here's some funny pictures of how it could be done, in a different setting and how not to do it. Can you show off how to do it better?

Bild Bild

On another account I recall there's a tutorial in english in the making, I don't know where it is, but perhaps this could put some spotlight no that question?

-] & a soon to be Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! To all of you from me
/MLind
"Gitul grish, gitul mat!"
Martin Lind from Denmark ;D Use to play Rakothûrz in Okup Shakamb.
8) Now chief in a new danish orc clan: Clan Môr'Ashtu.
Urok/Worgahr
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Horrgarch Mok
Verbund/Verbünde: Altes Blut

Re: Tips? Making shoecovers

Beitrag von Urok/Worgahr »

Hey ho. Its just the way i built my shoes and the shoes for Duruk'kash,Negroz and Ragash from my Clan. And there are plenty of other ways. At first you need sturdy shoes or boots. Steel toed ones makes it save for your own feet.

Than you need a few pieces of Leather and rough thread. Like kitchen thread or something else. I lay the leather pieces on the shoe. Some kind of puzzling. An when the pieces fits in my eyes I will sew them together. When some of the leather edges are going above the sole, I'll cut them back on the same height. Because of this, the sides of the sole were covered too. In addition to that, you have to nail the leather directly in the side of the sole. The sole should be thick enough, but you don't need big nails. Just short ones. Hammer a few around the sole.

Hope that was understandable. Feel free to ask.
Zuletzt geändert von Urok/Worgahr am 21 Dez 2016 00:04, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Gruppe: Clan Môr'Ashtu
Verbund/Verbünde: Ex-Okup Shakamb

Beitrag von MLind »

Hey Urok, first of all awesome that you're so fast to reply on my posts.

:) Your description of the process gives me an idea of how to do it, pictures of the process is always nice, but for now perhaps I could charm you to maybe share a few pictures of your shoes and what the end result looks like? I might give this way a good, perhaps combined with my other tips. Again cheers for your help ;)
"Gitul grish, gitul mat!"
Martin Lind from Denmark ;D Use to play Rakothûrz in Okup Shakamb.
8) Now chief in a new danish orc clan: Clan Môr'Ashtu.
Urok/Worgahr
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Horrgarch Mok
Verbund/Verbünde: Altes Blut

Beitrag von Urok/Worgahr »

I try to make some pictures tomorrow.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sonstiges“