Australian looking for help

Hier hast Du die Möglichkeit Dich und/oder Deine Gruppe vorzustellen.
Forumsregeln
Threadtitel: FASST EUCH im Titel KURZ! Dein Name reicht aus. Danke.
Thread-Title: Please hold the title short! Your name is enough. Thanks
Antworten
Sarthak95
nie anwesende Drecksmade

Australian looking for help

Beitrag von Sarthak95 »

Hello everyone I am from Perth Australia and want to play an ork for my local larp I want to make a good costume to wear my pet hate is poorly made costumes and would like to set a standard for other orks here to aspire to but I have no idea where to start I have a lot of questions if there is anyone here with some spare time and knowledge I would really appreciate some help
Urok/Worgahr
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Horrgarch Mok
Verbund/Verbünde: Altes Blut

Re: Australian looking for help

Beitrag von Urok/Worgahr »

Welcome here. Hell, its Twenty years ago, i was in Australia. Feeling old Now. Thanks for that ;D

Creating your orc gear you have to think like shrek.
Orcs have Layers. You start with an long arm tunic and trousers. Here on the board you could find the "Werkstatt" and under "Gewandungsdokus" a lot of Member reporterd their ways of making orc gears including pictures. Just have a look there.
Sarthak95
nie anwesende Drecksmade

Beitrag von Sarthak95 »

Thank you 🙂 with age comes wisdom
Urok/Worgahr
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser

Hehe

Here the Link,

Makes it easier.

http://forum.orklager.org/viewforum.php?f=138
Zhûul
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Gimba Squad @ MTK
Verbund/Verbünde: Grat u Murdur

Beitrag von Zhûul »

Hi mate.
Well, if you're thinking about setting a new standard for your fellow Orc-larpers in down-under, you've come to the right place.
The link Urok gave you will give you a shitton of information about different approaches to costume building, plus lots of pictures for inspiration.

Experience has shown, that the best way to start is with the lowest layer of your costume.
A well made and good looking tunic and a robust set of pants will set the standard for the rest of the costume, plus the potential armor you'll put on top at the later stages.
When you're finished with the basics and you're happy with it, work your way through arm and leg protection. Bracers and Shinguards are always useful, especially in Australia where pretty damn everything is venomous a good crafty shinguard and propper boots seem like a good idea ;).
People tend to get bonkers with the armour and turtle up to a point, where moving becomes exhausting. Remember, that you'll have to fight in the stuff.
When you start building, think practical. Orcs are not a race known for their intricate designes or beautiful craftsmanship when it comes to clothing. Shit has to be practical. It has to protect you, it has to keep you warm without boiling you and (this is personal advice:) you'll have to get out of it in an acceptable amount of time. You will thank me for these words, whenever you're in costume and you get the shits. Getting rid of three layers of clothing, a chainmal, platearmour on top plus the usual collection of belts, pouches n stuff will feel like an eternity when you really need to drop the kids at the pool. So... plan ahead. It makes your life much easier and saves you a lot of work.
Hope it helps a bit.

Greetz Zhûul
Zuletzt geändert von Zhûul am 28 Feb 2018 09:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
In days of old, when nights were cold;
and toilets not invented.
They laid their load, upon the road;
and walked away contented.
Skrizgal
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: ZU / SMU
Verbund/Verbünde: @ Grat u Murdur

Beitrag von Skrizgal »

Hello from me, too!

What Zhûul and Urok said is already very useful and hopefully helps u to understand how we try to make our Stuff.

A little addition from my side is:
Layers yes, but not to much. What I mean is: It's also smart to make fake layers. E.g. torso: take a long arm tunic as lowermost layer. Then u can take a west with only one layer. But on the hems u can sew some fake layers and fake sleeves like u wear a second tunic below the west, or the west is lined. Then u have already 3 optical but two real layers. And like this u can go ahead.

And when u analyze the "Basteldokus" ("crafting documentarys") in our "Werkstatt"-Forum (Workshop) think about that we have a very different flora and fauna in middle europe. We have nearly no poisonous animals (most dangerous can be a fat bee, called "Hornisse", or some tiny, cute snakes 'n spiders) and just a few dangerous plants we have to take care of. So for example some orc players here wear "Tabis", this ninja shoes in summer time. And these for sure don't help against a snake bite. What I want to say is, that you know your flora and fauna the best and of course you should also have it in mind, when u make your concept. :)

I also have a question: do u already know what kind of orc you want to play? So witch background? Cause a background already defines how your orc (can) look like and how you could play it, etc. In this community we have many ppl and groups with different, partial self-made backgrounds. We have smithing orcs, mordor orcs (LoTR-BG), DSA orcs (DSA is a german pen and paper game), mongol like orcs, and many, many more. I'f you like one of the BGs or how a group of orcs looks, i think this ppl 'll not say no,if you like to take inspiration from their stuff. :)

Greets from cold germany!
- Skriz
Urok/Worgahr
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser

I Think thus Guy knows a Hornet(Hornisse) and its more like a fat wasp not a bee :fününü:
Skrizgal
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: ZU / SMU
Verbund/Verbünde: @ Grat u Murdur

Beitrag von Skrizgal »

It's a fat, yellow-black fly with a sting for me. :P
Antworten

Zurück zu „Vorstellung“