Noob here. Help me whith advice

Antworten
Cooklus the Mauler
nie anwesende Drecksmade
Noob here. Help me whith advice

Beitrag von Cooklus the Mauler » Mi 17. Mai 2017, 18:59

Hi Everyone. Im orc scout from Ukraine
Entire my life I fought for Orcs Glory and I wery want to come to Dragonfest this year. And join to Orc Camp of course. This will be my first abroad trip and first international game
Can someone with Stone Patience and knowledge of English, spend some time on me, and explane me elementary for you, fellows, but covered with Deep Darkness to me things.

My contacts
My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/losksasha
My Skype Vasyazayceff
My Viber +380951248797

Or write how and when I can call you.

May the Orcs be with you
Young Padawan

Urok
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Horrgarch Mok

Re: Noob here. Help me whith advice

Beitrag von Urok » Mi 17. Mai 2017, 19:36

Hello an welcome.

First you have to know, that the Orc camp have some requirements to the costumes of the players. Your gear have to fit into some Standards. Like wearing a mask, covered Skin,hands,neck and shoes. Your clothes should looked weatherd. With holes in it or rough stiches for example. Pretty roughed up. Like your orc wearing it the whole Year.
Your Armor have to look like roughed up to. With scratches, damaged by weapons and maybe rusty.

Than you show a picture of your gear and the camp Order will check your costume. If it wouldnt fix into the camp Standards, the orga will tell you and give you some tips to Change something on your gear.
I think it could help if you put some pictures of you into this thread here.

Cooklus the Mauler
nie anwesende Drecksmade

Beitrag von Cooklus the Mauler » Mi 17. Mai 2017, 21:58

Yep I understand about requirements to costume. This year I will go alone, without my team, like a scout. And I will not able to create my own great orc costume in time. Quality of costums which I saw on Dragonfest photos and videos impressed me. My team gathering all stuff to me and this year I'll be looks like on the photos
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

From 1 Hoodie as Basic underlayer + Gloves
From 2 Shoulders + belt + fur
From 3 Body armor if I dont make in time my own.
The sword and knifes I will use my old + I will make a little more new ones

About Mask
On last Ukrainian game I tried to use Latex mask. Unreal to use it till a long time. Maximum 2 hours, after than the face get wet like a girl wich see an orc
What is your secret of wearing masks till a long time or it depends on quality? Can you give me a link where I can buy some good quality mask? Or Can I go as half orc or human, which grew up in orc comunity?

And Will I find the corner for sleeping in some tent or I must bring it myself? Can we to speak by skype cuz I still have so many questions?

Ugurz
LaberTroll
LaberTroll
Gruppe: Shira-Hai
Verbund: Grat u Murdur

Beitrag von Ugurz » Mi 17. Mai 2017, 22:04

We all gets wet After a Time under the Mask. The only Thing you can Wear under is this by example https://www.amazon.de/Under-Armour-Stur ... B0094JPZZS

Cooklus the Mauler
nie anwesende Drecksmade

Beitrag von Cooklus the Mauler » Mi 17. Mai 2017, 22:11

Can I be a human which grew up in orcs camp?

Urok
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser

Beitrag von Urok » Mi 17. Mai 2017, 22:35

Yeah there is no secret. Rubber on the head leads to a sweatty face ;D you have to live with that or better choose an other race :) Just drink a lot of water and Take a rest if you need one.

I think for the great Orc camps in Germany, there will be no options for playing Orc without a mask or as an half Orc. Because if players think about half orcs they think its enough to cover the face with black or green make up and put some Ork Teeth in your mouth. But thats an very old imagination of a larp Orc and lots of people rip there asses off in a lot of years that the typical german larp orc is one of these you seen on pictures and get exited of.

That means cool looking monsters and not green faced humans.

And off course there are some humans in the Orc camp but these players fit petfectly in the "Lord of the rings" backround of a big bunch of players who are out from the Tolkien Universe.

But that doesnt mean the camp is open for every human.
In the first place its still an orc camp with orcs in it. And the community want it still as a camp for orcs or another orc-like creatures like ogre,goblins and trolls.
Opening the gates for everyone could destroy the picture of an orc camp. With a lots of other monsters like undead,Demons, lizzards or just evil barbarians we would transform like something between orc camp and Jabbas palace. I hope you understand that.

But iam just a member not part of the orga.
I think if your costume fits into the Standards youre welcome as an orc :blüm:

Cooklus the Mauler
nie anwesende Drecksmade

Beitrag von Cooklus the Mauler » Mi 17. Mai 2017, 23:09

Understand. I will beg my familiar girl to create for me a paper mask. She used one till all the game without pull off. And she looked so pretty
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Tell me please how to contact with orgs?

Urok
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser

Beitrag von Urok » Mi 17. Mai 2017, 23:20

Öhm yeah. I dont think that a paper mask like the one on your picture will work. Because it looks like a paper mask.

To write Personal messages here on the Board you have to post 3-5 comments. I think its the best way when you contact Stripe, Barghul or Wor-Gath. On the main page scroll down to the Forum Drachenfest. There are the "Anmeldung" where you could see some Orcs who get their "go" for the camp or still work on it.

Cooklus the Mauler
nie anwesende Drecksmade

Beitrag von Cooklus the Mauler » Mi 17. Mai 2017, 23:31

Thanks

Wor-Gath
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Gruppe: Baj-Kirr Rash
Verbund: Altes Blut

Beitrag von Wor-Gath » Fr 19. Mai 2017, 12:07

Hi

I will answer you on the Weekend.
Bild
Haltet euch vom Voodoo fern!

Wor-Gath
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Gruppe: Baj-Kirr Rash
Verbund: Altes Blut

Beitrag von Wor-Gath » Sa 20. Mai 2017, 12:34

Hi

So now i have Time.
I hope i hab answer Off all Four questions.
Urok hat geschrieben:
Mi 17. Mai 2017, 22:35
I think for the great Orc camps in Germany, there will be no options for playing Orc without a mask or as an half Orc. Because if players think about half orcs they think its enough to cover the face with black or green make up and put some Ork Teeth in your mouth. But thats an very old imagination of a larp Orc and lots of people rip there asses off in a lot of years that the typical german larp orc is one of these you seen on pictures and get exited of.

That means cool looking monsters and not green faced humans.

And off course there are some humans in the Orc camp but these players fit petfectly in the "Lord of the rings" backround of a big bunch of players who are out from the Tolkien Universe.

But that doesnt mean the camp is open for every human.
In the first place its still an orc camp with orcs in it. And the community want it still as a camp for orcs or another orc-like creatures like ogre,goblins and trolls.
Opening the gates for everyone could destroy the picture of an orc camp. With a lots of other monsters like undead,Demons, lizzards or just evil barbarians we would transform like something between orc camp and Jabbas palace. I hope you understand that.

But iam just a member not part of the orga.
I think if your costume fits into the Standards youre welcome as an orc :blüm:
What Urok said is right.

Like everyone els you must get the OCL Check.
And the Mask is one of the most important things.
With a Papermask this will Not Work.
Here some links to maskbildner from Germany.
http://ungebilde.de/
http://padubrins.de/

Ungebilde is at the DF and maybe you can look there.
But this is to Late for the OCL Check.

We would like to help you on your way, to become a Part of the OCL.
We will help you to Bild your costume.
But we don't Know if you can reach oure Standarts this Year.
Maybe you can Stay in the green Camp as a Barbar or maybe in a different Camp as a Knight.
When you come to the DF we would like to Talk to you... Show you some Tricks and give you a look in oure way to Play.

We Hope this is ok.

I will Contact you on Facebook... to Support you in your way.

Antworten