Antworten
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Gruppe: Okup Shakamb
Verbund: Grat U Murdur
DF: How to and what to know? Being new orc at DF

Beitrag von MLind » Mo 19. Dez 2016, 15:34

:moin: Here's another particular bigger set of questions for you lot, who have beben to Drachenfest and for the rest of us that intend to go next year, but are new orcs among the OCL.

How does it work and perhaps asked better and more focused, what would be good to know when going and attending as an orc at DF-OCL?

:NI!:

First off I want to say that I have looked into a few things myself. For example looking into the "Drachenfest 6.0 Rules and still reading through it. http://www.drachenfest.info/df/index.php?article_id=50&clang=1
I'm sure there's a lot to know, and most things can and perhaps are better sorted upon arrival. But you know, there might be some things well known to the old-timers that the newcomers could have a use in knowing beforehand, but what? The rulebook doesn't seem to cover the mystics and unknown inside the OCL and how they/you go about your everyday during DF.
I have of course also talked a bunch with my clansmen, and as a newcomer it does seem legitimate that there's a good bunch to learn of how things work upon arrival. But maybe there's something you'd like to add?

With a lot to answer, let's begin with some of the things I know and how I've understood it ^-^
- Due to the hot weather the orcs usually get out, go IT/In-Time/In-game during the afternoon, where the sun shines less.
- During the time not being out, people tend to tent it or drop into other characters, plot and plan the coming days happening
- Or for example in the beginning of the day have every clan's Obroks meet up for a chat.
- OCL have an IT and OT area.
- Being assigned to guard the gate is something every clan have to do through-out DF, it's a divided task among the clan.
- Gransh is god (but no longer Gor Obrok)?
- Every year in OCL different things happen: Haka, Arena fights and the likes of cool things
- Shower and toilet facilities are pretty neat until the last day

- And then I know a bunch more.
But what do you think is important to know as a newcomer?

I hope I offend no one by bringing this up. Maybe even the old-timers could learn something they didn't know? Maybe not - I couldn't find any more specific threads on the subject. It seems spread, even in German ;)
Bild
Rakothûrz of Okup Shakamb
"Gitul grish, gitul mat!"

Tar-Dok
vorbeischauender Mistsnaga

Re: DF: How to and what to know? Being new orc at DF

Beitrag von Tar-Dok » Do 22. Dez 2016, 10:36

MLind, catch me on facebook - I will answer your questions :)

Stripe
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Doram Zau
Verbund: Altes Blut

Beitrag von Stripe » Di 27. Dez 2016, 17:20

Hey there. Sorry i make myself a bit rare at the Moment. I`ll answer a few of your questions as soon as possible.
A load of work to do latly.

Cheerz
Old Linien ;)

MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Verbund: Grat U Murdur

Beitrag von MLind » Mi 28. Dez 2016, 09:13

@Stripe Hey Stripe. Tardok was so very nice to help me out. I've asked him a few question and him among others answer most of what I had right now. Even pointed me in the direction of a guides for us Danes of Okup going to DF ;)

But it's still good to see your face around. It's busy times for me as well, but you're still very welcome to give like an intro with tips and tricks. You might be able to hit something we weren't aware of already or something others could use. So please do, when it fits. :blüm:

Any update on the English gear guide or are you not the person to ask Old Linien? ;)

Well wishes to everyone reading this. Hope you're all good.
Bild
Rakothûrz of Okup Shakamb
"Gitul grish, gitul mat!"

Antworten